Use Your Voice
“Violence is anything that denies dignity and can lead to a sense of hopelessness and helplessness.”
– MLK, Jr.
What does this mean to you? What is going on in your life, your school, your community? Tell the world how you feel. How do YOU define respect. Teens all over Austin and the surrounding areas are using their voices to make a difference at school, at home, online, and all over the world. Use your voice. Make a difference. Write about something that moves you. Start Strong.
Speak Up Speak Out About These Topics, or More!
- Facebook can be a place to build friendships but it can also be used in destructive ways to hurt people. What effect is Facebook having on teen relationships?
- Cell phones provide an opportunity for continuous 24/7 communication. How does this impact your need for alone time, or fulfil your need for emotional contact?
- Describe a time you made a difference.
- Adults have a lot to tell teens about relationships. Something I would like them to learn/remember about being a teenager and dating is…
- Sometimes teens are pressured by their boy/girlfriend’s parents to have a certain kind of relationship. What do you do when it doesn’t feel right to you?
- Are young people today more tolerant than their parents when it comes to race, religion and sexual orientation?
Suggest a new topic below or email your blog to email@example.com
Want to use blogging to earn volunteer or community service hours for school or clubs? Email us to find out how!